VOTI Detection, headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, and listed on the TSX Venture Exchange, is a leading-edge Canadian technology company that develops latest-generation X-ray security systems based on 3D Perspective™ technology. VOTI’s technology produces remarkably sharp and more revealing X-ray images that are competitively superior while delivering enhanced threat detection capabilities and an improved user experience. Since its inception, VOTI has installed scanners in more than 50 countries and has consulted heavily with government agencies and security specialists worldwide to develop feature-rich and easy-to-use scanners that meet the sophisticated needs of modern security screening operations.
- 3D Perspective™ technology and proprietary algorithms create best in class image clarity
- Elimination of blind spots for enhanced threat detection
- Increased operator efficiency
- Conventional X-Ray screening market forecasted to grow at 4.9% CAGR to reach US$2.67 billion over the next five years
- X-Ray screening systems remain the preferred choice and solution when it comes to non-intrusive inspection and optimal throughput
- Increased global focus on safety and security resulting in growth in key conventional x-ray market verticals
- Visionary products, cost-effective solutions, user-friendly experience and focus on service resulting in major customer wins versus large multinational competitors
- Recent customer acquisitions include Amazon (North American fulfillment centers), Turkish Government, Indonesian Public Sector, Canadian Government, U.S. Air Force, UPS, Madison Square Garden, Carnival Cruise Lines, Ports America, US Bank Stadium, Washington Nationals, West Virginia Division of Corrections and the Ministère de la Sécurité publique
- Bringing a higher value offering of sophisticated technology
to the conventional x-ray screening market
- Growth in market share as key verticals and geographies are added
- Growth from replacement market and new applications development
- Additional certifications opening up new market opportunities
- Expansion through delivery of software enhanced detection, algorithms and analytics
- Shift in revenue mix towards greater percentage of higher margin aftermarket services
- Strategic acquisition strategy focused on offering fuller checkpoint solution
- Strong entrepreneurial management team with proven backgrounds in security and technology
- Experienced Board of Directors
Safe Harbour Statement
Mr. Murray is a retired executive specialized in safety and security issues who remains active and committed through organizations related to his expertise. He culminated a lengthy career in the RCMP and was Commissioner during the last 6 years of his service. Since his retirement, he has served on numerous public and private sector Boards of Directors as well as Advisory Boards including director of Garda World Security Corporation (part of the governance committee and the international advisory board), Chair of Departmental Audit Committee of the Correctional Service of Canada, member of the International Advisory Board to President of Mexico on Counter Drug Strategy and Associate Editor for the Frontline Security Magazine. Mr. Murray holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Regina.
Mr. Hindle is a veteran executive having built his expertise through both ownership of and investment in a number of companies, including start-ups, early stage and mid-size businesses in different industries including logistics. Mr. Hindle holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Queen’s University and a Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy from McGill University. He became a Chartered Accountant in 1980 and is a Member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, l’Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario.
Mr. Cherry, FCPA, FCA has over 30 years of experience in general management, project management and financial management in the international aerospace, defence and rail sectors. Over this period, he has worked in senior executive positions with Bombardier Inc., Oerlikon Aerospace Inc., CAE Inc. and ALSTOM Canada Inc. He was President and CEO of Aéroports de Montréal from June 2001 to December 31, 2016. He is a director of Cogeco Inc., where he is the Chairman of its Audit Committee and a director of Logistec Inc. Mr. Cherry also serves as a director of several non profit organizations, such as the Conference Board of Canada, the Mount-Royal Club and Centraide – United Way Canada.
President and COO of Walter Surface Technologies. Before joining Walter, Mr. Aubé was President and Chief Operating Officer of GardaWorld Protective Services. He also has experience in various industry sectors including chemical products with Nalco Canada, oil and gas with Petro-Canada, and finance with the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Scotia Capital Inc. Mr. Aubé is a CFA and also holds an MBA from the HEC Montreal and an engineering degree from the Montreal Polytechnic School.
Mr. Gupta is a well-seasoned technology executive with over 35 years of global industry experience. Currently serving in several Boards. He has served as President and CEO of Information Technology Association of Canada; CEO of Certicom; President of Sitraka Mobility; President and CMO roles at Comverse and held Senior Executive roles at both Eftia and Bell Canada. Mr. Gupta holds a Master’s of Business Administration degree from Concordia University.
Rory is an accomplished entrepreneur and executive with a proven track record of success having founded, restructured, and operated numerous organizations from start-up stage to mature public companies. As CEO at VOTI Detection, Rory has revitalized the company, operating in a rapidly growing $1.8B global security market and delivering 700% revenue growth within just 2 years, setting it on a path for accelerated growth and profitability. Rory held previous COO roles at multiple companies including: Mpact Immedia, CBO, BCE Emergis, CEO, Surefire Commerce. Rory holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance from Concordia University.