Personal Information We Collect, Use and Disclose
We collect, use and disclose personal information from individuals for purposes permitted or required by applicable law, as described in this Policy or as we may indicate to you from time to time.
For example, we may collect personal information to communicate with owners of our securities and to register ownership of and transactions dealing with our securities. The information we collect may include, without limitation, the name, residential address and other contact information, and the number of securities held by the individual.
We may collect personal information you provide when communicating with us, including by using our website, third party social media sites, or by subscribing to our e-mail notification service. Individuals who use our website or who subscribe to any of VOTI’s e-mail notification services will find additional information regarding our online and e-mail personal information practices at: URL TERMS & CONDITIONS. The personal information we collect may include, without limitation, name, email address, telephone number and IP address.
We will use and disclose personal information for a number of reasons, including:
• to provide you with any email notification services you may request;
• to evaluate any job application you may submit and assess whether to offer you a position;
• where you have previously applied for a job, to keep in touch with you about available job positions which we think may be of interest to you;
• to ensure that our website runs smoothly and to improve the functionality of the website to better serve your requirements;
• to communicate with you as owner of our securities or to register your ownership or transactions related to such ownership to third parties; or
• to meet legal, regulatory, industry, audit, security or ethical requirements.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
• third parties providing services on our behalf;
• a regulator or law enforcement body.
We take reasonable contractual and other measures to require that the organizations with whom we share personal information maintain the confidentiality of personal information in accordance with applicable law and only use such information for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information internally or to third parties with your consent, or as may be permitted or required by law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you provide personal information to VOTI, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined to you at the time of collection or thereafter or as otherwise described in this Policy.
In some circumstances, you may refuse to consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, or you may withdraw your consent to further collection, use and disclosure of information about you, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Also, withdrawing your consent to certain uses of your personal information may mean that we may no longer be able to provide you with certain services.
We take all reasonable precautions necessary to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss; unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The file containing your personal information will be kept at our offices or on our servers or those of our service providers and will be accessible to employees who require it for the purposes of their duties.
If you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in our custody or control, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please make your request in writing at 790 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Québec, H4M 2N5, Canada, Attention: Corporate Affairs. In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information or parts of it. We will advise you at the time of the request.
Inquiries or complaints about this Policy and our personal information practices may be directed to us at +1-844-285-1566, or at 790 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Québec, H4M 2N5, Canada, Attention: Corporate Affairs.
This Policy may be revised from time to time. You may contact us to obtain a current copy of this Policy. Your continued provision of personal information or use of our services following any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
If you live within the European Union please see below for further information about your rights.
European Union Residents – Additional Privacy Information
Legal Basis for Using Personal Information
1. Legitimate Interests
We are allowed to use your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and it is not overridden by your interest. We believe that we have a legitimate interest in:
• processing any job application that you might send us;
• administering our website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes; and
• keeping our systems secure and running smoothly.
2. Contractual Obligations
We are allowed to use your personal information when it is necessary to do so for the performance of any contract we have with you.
3. Other Legal Obligations
We are allowed to use your personal information when we need to in order to comply with legal obligations.
We are also allowed to use your personal information where you have specifically consented. For example, we will obtain your consent to send you email notifications where you have requested them. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Applicable privacy laws in the European Union grant you the following rights in relation to your personal information:
• you can object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where we have done so on the assumption that it is in our legitimate interest to do so);
• you can ask what information we hold about you and be provided with a copy of such information and you can withdraw consent at any time;
• you can ask us to send you, or another organisation, certain types of information about you in a format that can be read by computer;
• you may, in some cases, restrict our use of information about you (for example, if you tell us that the information is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its accuracy);
• if information is incorrect you can ask us to correct it;
• you have the right to ask us to assist you in transferring your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances; and
• you can complain to your local regulatory authority. The privacy regulatory authorities for each EU Member State are listed (along with contact details) on the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collect it unless we believe that law or regulation requires us to preserve it.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete it from our systems, or put it beyond use.