Work With Us
As a young and growing company, VOTI Detection is a fun and dynamic place to work. Our employees are encouraged to explore their creativity in an interdisciplinary fashion while applying their skills to addressing challenging and vital global security concerns.
We’re looking for talented people who want to apply their education and experience to develop cutting-edge security technologies for real world applications.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising a multidisciplinary team of software developers, developing software solutions for embedded systems related to x-ray security scanners. You will be a key member of a team that will architect, design and develop Voti Detection’s new product applications and analytics solutions.
Working closely with our software engineers, test engineers, researchers and product managers, you will apply software best practices for controlling x-ray scanner hardware, acquiring and processing x-ray signal data, detecting potential threats in x-ray images and providing a user-friendly interface to operators.
Who We Are
Growing rapidly, VOTI Detection has become a market-defining company for best in class X-ray
security scanners. Based in Montreal, VOTI Detection brings innovative software and hardware
solutions to markets facing dynamic and ever-changing threats. We are at the forefront of
ushering change and innovation into a critical and fast-growing industry.
VOTI Detection’s culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and
our mission. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, great customer experience, and
making a difference in the world. Our employees are encouraged to explore their creativity in
an interdisciplinary fashion while applying their skills to addressing challenging and vital global
security concerns. We are looking for talented, ambitious candidates who are searching for a
challenge and thrive in fast paced environments. On top of that, we work with some pretty
amazing clients – our scanners prevent theft at Amazon fulfillment centers, secure cruise ships
for Carnival Cruise Line and control entry for every game and show at the iconic Madison
Square Garden. If you are interested in being a part of the VOTI team, come work with us and
find out what you can do.
• Plan software development tasks in sprints
• Conduct daily scrums with team members to follow-up on development progress
• Conduct sprint demos to show advancement to management
• Conduct sprint retrospectives to improve work methods
• Translate requirements through an agile development process to high-quality code
• Design overall systems/architecture of embedded software applications.
• Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Implement secure coding best practices
• Write unit and integration tests
• Write internal technical documentation
• Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Contribute to software engineering best practices, knowledge sharing, tools and technology evolution, and standards development
• 5+ years of experience with Linux-based embedded systems programming (C++, Qt, …)
• Expertise working with OpenEmbedded (BitBake, Yocto, Bash, …)
• Expertise in Python programming
• Solid understanding of system security and data protection best practices.
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile software development cycle tools (JIRA, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, …)
• Experience working with embedded databases (SQLite, lmdb , …)
• Experience designing and implementing a distributed micro-services and event-driven architecture
• DevOps mindset and good understanding of continuous integration principles, including unit testing, automated deployment, real-time testing and diagnostics
• Very comfortable working with Linux systems
• Understanding of design patterns, UML
• Must be able to communicate effectively with internal customers in a clear, concise and understandable manner both verbally and in writing.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
• Experience working with QML
• Work experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and programming under Windows 10
• Multilingual (English/French and other languages)
• Access to group insurance benefits, including health and dental
• Employer RRSP matching contributions
• Monthly Companywide lunches
• Health & Wellness spending account to keep your mind & body sharp
• From Kickoff BBQ’s, team dinners and 5 a 7’s – we organize plenty of social events
to help you unwind and keep the team connected
• Complimentary parking